Note: Making Camp Premium is playable on any computer, phone or tablet and can be downloaded for free as long as U.S. schools are closed due to Covid-19.
Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors, using strategies based on place value, the properties of operations, and/or the relationship between multiplication and division. Illustrate and explain the calculation by using equations, rectangular arrays, and/or area models.
Sharpen division skills at home
We have a YouTube division playlist! The five-video series clues students in on everything from dividends to long division with remainders. (And they are short, ranging from one and a half to three and a half minutes each.) These videos can be played on any device in class or at home.
How to approach video lessons
- Explain why division is important to your class or your own kids.
- Once kids have watched a video, it’s a good idea to review the division concepts that the video talked about.
- Have the children write down key words that appear in the video (e.g. quotient, dividend) and their definitions for review during their session and in their next math study session. (Math literacy helps with identifying math terms; textbooks will start to make sense.)
- Play Making Camp Premium to practice division with single digit numbers or review their multiplication facts.
1. Division Terms
2. Division (Multiplication in Reverse)
3. Download and play Making Camp Premium for free.
Making Camp Premium can be played online on any computer (Windows, Mac, Chrome), or you can download it for your phone or tablet (iOS and Android).
The division magnets game practices division of one-digit numbers into two digit numbers, like 35 ÷ 5, the same as just shown in the video.
There are also games for multiplication and a lot of videos and games on history and English/ language arts.