Games Teaching History Terms and Concepts
The history resources come from our free game, AzTech: The Story Begins. Get it for your iPad or play on Chromebook, Mac or Windows on the web.
The time line lessons are from AzTech: Meet the Maya. Download on iPad or play on Chromebook, Mac or Windows on the web. Included with a school or classroom game pack, or you can buy individual licenses.
- History Terms YouTube video: What’s the word? What does it mean to be the “masters” of something? What does the word “indigenous” mean? We have two videos, each in English or Spanish.
Video: Using Timelines with BCE – The world existed before year zero, right? Check out the English and Spanish language videos to learn all about it.
Using a Time Line
If you’re a teacher, you probably know that time lines are actually a social studies standard, not math. However, that seems like splitting hairs to us. We’re all about teaching math in context and we know from experience that many students struggle with timelines that have dates before the year zero.
This short video has an example of solving a time line problem when one of the dates is B.C.E. and the other is A.C.E.
- POWERPOINT of this video Time line example with BCE – Addition of negative values using timelines for clarification.
- PDF of this video Time line with BCE – Addition of negative values using timelines for clarification
- POWERPOINT of this video IN SPANISH: Línea de tiempo con AEC
- PDF of this video in SPANISH: Línea de tiempo con AEC